Bolton lock Company welcomes you to the world of mobile key technology.
We are delighted to be associated with the following companies and their products.
- MOBILEKEY This is how locking is done: simply electronic and pretty darn smart!
- AirKey. Simply smart. Fully dynamic security
- ARGO Open without keys
Click on the bold words above for the manufacturer’s information
Contact us if you require further information.
SIGNET LOCKS . GATE CLOSERS . HINGES
Bolton Lock Company are delighted to be associated with SIGNET to bring you a comprehensive range of locks, gate closers, hinges, panic hardware, electric & gate hardware and sliding gate products all made in the UK.
GATEMASTER digital gate lock single sided
GATEMASTER bolt-on quick exit key access
Quick Exit Device
GATEMASTER APS hydraulic gate closer with stop hinge
GATEMASTER surface mounted gate closer
Shown on gate
GATEMASTER weld in locks
Contact Martin or Mike for Architectural Ironmongery Services : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dark knights descend
w/c 29th October
National Home Security Month goes out with a bang in the build-up to Halloween and Bonfire Night – statistically the worst time of year for burglaries with domestic damage skyrocketing by 160%! Here, we will be providing seasonal advice to make sure you’re set to beat the midnight monsters this winter.
- Ensure you lock your doors and windows when going out for the evening. A startling 20% of us admit to leaving our front doors unlocked, therefore making us vulnerable to theft.
- To prevent any unsolicited ‘tricks’, invest in a TS008 letterplate restrictor to stop thieves from fishing keys or accessing your door lock.
- If you do not want to be disturbed over the Halloween period, display a preventative ‘No Trick or Treaters’ sign on your front door (available from most local police constabularies).
Top tip! Don’t share your plans for the festivities on social media until after the event. Burglars can use this information to know when your home will be left empty and vulnerable.
w/c 22nd October
Research shows that when the clocks go back burglaries spike by a huge 38%! With this in mind, as Brits wind their clocks back in week four, we’re looking forward to all things smart security.
Smart security is making the way we live easier. The rise of automated homes means this week we’ll be looking at the latest security gadgets available to protect your home. Starting with how smart door locks are transforming entry to our homes.
- No more lost keys! Consider a smart door lock that allows you secure access via PIN code, key card, key-tag, remote fob, or smartphone. You can even keep track of who comes and goes through your front door when the lock is connected to a smart hub system.
- CCTV systems allow remote viewing of your property from any location using a smartphone app. Recorded footage can also be saved on a computer and used as police evidence in the event of a break-in.
- Turn home appliances on/off remotely using a power switch via your smartphone – ideal for giving the impression you’re home when you’re away.
- Receive instant image alerts to your smartphone when motion is detected with an IP camera.
Setting the standard
w/c 8th October
Did you know… homes with no security measures in place are five times more likely to be burgled than those with simple security measures? Despite this alarming statistic, 25% of Brits admit to having no home security at all!
Week two sees us delve into security standards, exploring window and door locks in particular, as well as how you can secure your valuables inside your home. Burglars are opportunists and they notice areas of weakness. Don’t get caught out, learn how to keep your home protected for complete peace of mind.
Ensure external timber doors are secured with a mortice lock and/or nightlatch that meet British Standard BS3621. If you have a PVC-u or composite door, consider upgrading the cylinder to a British Standard, TS007 Kitemarked model.
Top tip! By installing simple security measures that meet the required British standard, you can reduce home insurance premiums by up to 5%.
- All windows, upstairs and down, should be fitted with at least one appropriate key-operated lock.
- The most commonly stolen items in domestic burglaries are electrical devices, jewellery, and cash. Keep these protected in a home safe that is securely bolted to the floor.
- Mark your property with your postcode and house number and register items for free with Immobilise, the UK’s National Property Register. This makes it easier for police to return stolen items.
‘Make your home your castle’
Starting from October, Bolton Lock Company Ltd in association with National Home Security Month and sponsored by Yale will guide you through all of the security options that will help ‘Make your home your castle’. Each week we will show you the most practical and cost effective way of securing your home.
The Bee-Secure Signal Blocker
Another fantastic Bee-Secure RFID product known as The Bee-Secure Signal Blocker which is a protective storage pouch that is lined in silver with a special material, when sealed inside the pouch it prevents wireless signals from communicating to any Car Keys, Mobile Phones and Payment Cards and Passports. A mobile phone cannot receive any calls or alerts, thereby blocking the temptation for a car driver to use or check their phone and eliminating distraction.
The Bee-Secure Signal Blocker is also ideal as a tool to discourage phone use in workplaces and classrooms etc. The material also has RFID blocking capabilities, meaning it can protect contactless cards, passports and Keyless car fobs from thieves and fraudsters.
Blocks signals including phones calls, WIFI, GSM, 4G, Bluetooth, NFC Protects against remote entry / key-Less entry signals being stolen from Key Fobs. ‘Relay’ theft is on the rise. This can occur even when the car key is inside your house.
Please do not dry clean this product simply wipe down with a light damp cloth which will extend the life of the product
- This is a protective storage pouch which prevents wireless signals from communicating to any car keys, mobile phones, and payment cards and passports.
- The key pocket which protects is lined in silver
- Blocks signals including phone calls, WIFI, GSM, 4G, Bluetooth, NFC
- Material is 1680D polyester with metallic fabric
- The security of any vehicle will always be down to the owner as these pouches are an added prevention tool only
Meet The Keyless Protector!
The first electronic keyfob protection in the world.
Our goal was to create a protection system that will protect your car from “relay attack” car thefts. Keeping all the advantages of the key-less system.
Do you have a car with a keyless entry system ?
Take a look, how quickly you can lose it.
As you can see from the video above how easy it is to loose your vehicle.
What is a ‘”Relay Attack?”
Applies to cars equipped with smart keys. The theft requires a minimum of two thieves with two cases / folders that act as a scanner / amplifier and data receiver / transmitter.
The Keyless Protector works as follows.
Automatically secures the keyfob, when you leave the car. As a result, the key signal will not be intercepted.
Double tap the keyfob that is in the pocket of your pants or bag to open the door and start the engine.
How does it work? How do I fit it to my fob?
It has the form of a clip, which easily and quickly can be put on the keyfob battery without interfering with the car’s electrical system.
For more information contact Bolton lock Company